November 27, 1980

DAKAR, SENEGAL
When I went back to the American Library this morning, I discovered it was closed in honor of an American fĂȘte, whereby extended families get together for the purpose of pigging out. I tried not to think of it as I ate my usual meager fare.

My second aborted effort of the day was my 3-4 mile walk to a museum mentioned in one of my pamphlets, which, it turns out, is no longer a museum. By now, Dakar is getting to be a bit of a drag and with nothing better to do, I spend many of my waking hours anticipating my return home.

I spoke to my travel agent about the possibility of disembarking at Safi, a city within easy hitching distance of Casablanca, since I'd have 4-5 days in Morocco and I've already done Casa pretty well. Because of some breakable souvenirs, however, the less traveling, the better.

No comments: